Before you start applying for 2018 NSFAS, make sure you know exactly what course you would like to study and at which public institution/TVET college you would like to study at.
Make sure you have electronic versions of:
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
- Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
Make sure that the contact details (cellphone and email) you fill in on the application are fully functional. NSFAS will continue to contact you throughout the application process.
You must not apply if:
- You have already applied and have an application reference number
- You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET college
- You already have NSFAS funding for 2017
- You are not a South African citizen
Only students who plan to study the following post-graduate qualifications can apply:
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, and
Students studying other post-graduate degrees must wait to apply the the NRF when applications open later this year in October.
- Go to my.nsfas.org.za and register yourself as a user. You will need to create a username and password, which you will use to log in to your myNSFAS account to update your details.
- Complete the register process by filling in your contact details. Registering on myNSFAS is not the applying process yet. You must proceed to the APPLY tab to access the application form and apply.
- Click the ‘Apply’ tab and then you will be taken to the online 2018 application form.