It’s true that certain foods can boost your brainpower, making it easier for you to stay focused and study. Get your hands – or more preferably your mouth’s- on these ‘Brain foods’ to aid you during this exam period!
1.Oily fish like salmon, sardines and mackerel are among the healthiest types of fish.
3. Vegetables and fruit that are rich in antioxidants, especially berries and citrus.
Did you know? Having an apple a day doesn’t only keep the doctor away. The peel of an apple includes a powerful antioxidant called quercetin that enhances memory function.
4. Whole-grain breads, crackers and pasta will give you an energy boost and can lead to enhanced memory function.
5. Spinach is full of folic acid and has been proven to boost brainpower.
6. Go nuts! Almonds, pistachios and walnuts contain high levels of fatty acids, and like fish will help your brain perform optimally. Nuts also contain a good amount of iron and provide oxygen to the brain to increase your mental alertness and ability to retain information. Nuts are an ideal source of energy as they contain unsaturated fats.
7. Eat the good fats. These include nuts, seeds, avocados and olives.
By: Cat Cloete