Storm is a voice that is taking on South Africa and the world! That may sound dramatic but it’s very much true. Expect to see Storm raise to the top and when he does reach that peak here are some things you’re going to want to know about him:
- You’ve been described as South Africa’s newest singing sensation. What do you have to say about a hefty label like that?
You know it’s so amazing carrying the South African name as I am truly and proudly South African and I am so humbled that people have given me that label and it just inspires me to be the best
- How was it like performing with stars such as Locnville, Euphonik and Blackbyrd?
Absolutely out of this world, being part of true South African musical talent and fitting in as the young blood of these icons has given me such a positive perception of where my music career is going.
- Could anything have prepared you for working with such a well-renowned DJ such as StoneBridge?
Not in my wildest dreams
- What’s one lesson that you’ve taken from that specific experience?
Working with a legend such as StoneBridge you have to up your game in order to get the international feel.
- Do you think of yourself as lucky for coming this far at such a young age or would you say that you worked hard for this position?
I can say there was an element of luck that took part however, I devote 110% of hard work and time to my music, I’m never not doing anything else other than music, you’ll either find me in the studio behind my Mac making beats, having an interview, gyming, rehearsing or performing. You either give it all or nothing at all.
- How would you describe your style of music?
It’s fresh, it’s new, has a feel good touch to it and the lyrics are always very catchy.
- What do you use for inspiration when it comes to writing killer lyrics like that of ‘Keeping Calm’?
I keep it simple and portray myself in all the lyrics I write.
- Has your life changed much since your first single and first EP?
Well I’ve gotten a lot busier and a lot of amazing fans that support me in everything I do, it’s unbelievable and I would want it no other way.
- Do you involve yourself in the production of your music videos?
I think every artist takes part in their music because they get to portray their idea and the direction they want for the music video and it’s also very important that artists are involved in the production as it does affect their career.
- How would you describe your personal brand?
I see it as young, energetic, hip, out of this world but still remaining humble.
By: Kriszti Bottyan