Between school, work and other every day demands, getting time to perfect a beauty regime is a challenge. Here are some beauty tips you can do every night before you go to bed, while you sleep the rest will fall into place. Before we jump into the tips, it is important to note that you need an average of eight hours of sleep a night.
Smooth rough feet
- Use Vicks vapour rub or warm olive oil to massage your feet.
- Put socks on over night. Dousing your feet in petroleum jelly before you sleep will help soften your feet. The petroleum jelly doesn’t penetrate the skin but it does take away the rough skin. Moisturise your feet and put socks on over night.
- Apply vegetable oil to your feet with a warm, wet towel. Vegetable oil penetrates your skin, softening the skin cells over night. Again, put socks on over night.
Lighten dark circles
- Massage a small amount of almond oil or coffee oil around your eyes using your ring finger. The almond oil or coffee oil will penetrate the skin and assist with circulation. Within two weeks the dark circles will lighten.
- Soften your cuticles overnight by using a small amount of coconut oil or shea butter to moisturise the cuticles and strengthen the nails. Make sure that the coconut oil or shea butter effects are optimised wear cotton gloves as you sleep.
- Moisturise your eyelashes with castor oil. Use a clean Q-tip to dab the oil along your top lash line. You can also clean an old mascara stick and use it to apply the castor oil to your lashes.
- Silk pillowcases help prevent breakouts, hair breakage, and even wrinkles. A satin pillowcase eases the stress on your face so you won’t wake up with sleep lines. Most importantly, silk pillowcases help reduce split ends.