- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup diced ham*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 218 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Add cold butter, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk, cheese, ham and chives until a soft dough forms.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pill, roll the dough into an 8″ circle, about 2.5cm thick, and cut into 8 wedges.
- Place scones onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until firm to the touch and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.