We asked TeenZone readers to send us short stories about any topic. We’ve received many, and so many good ones at that. We will be posting a new story here every Friday, so watch this space to see if your piece makes it.
Single and lovin it!
Are you stuck in a world where romance reigns? You turn a corner and there you bump into a happy couple.
In the café you bump into a double date. Your friends invite you to the cinema, and oh, yay, it’s a romance! You go hide in the safety of your room with a bit of music. Oh! Great! Another love song!
OK, you get the idea.
Here are some reasons why being single rocks for all you lonely souls out there:
- You don’t have boyfriend troubles, ever! Shocker right?!
- You get to be where you want to be, with whom you want to be and when you want to be with them! You want to hang out with your guy friends? No jealous boyfriend – no problem.
- You have the time to explore the world! You want to be a professional gamer? Who’s going to stop you? You want to start knitting? Why not? You want to be a cook? Go grab that cook book!
- The world is yours! Are you seeing a cute boy on the beach? Time for some flirting. I mean, who’s going to stop you?
- You are going to be the only girl out with the guys? You go girl, without a jealous shadow.
- You don’t have to explain yourself after accidentally letting it slip you think someone is hot.
You are free to be who you are, use this time to discover yourself, and to realise how special you are and that only a special guy deserves to be with you.
If you’re one of those girls waiting for their true love, just remember all the Disney princesses only got their prince on the last page, so hold on maybe you’re still at the start.
Anita Jonker, 17