It may sound a bit cliché to say, but being yourself is probably one of the most important things you can do. Living a life where you hide parts of yourself from others is no going to make you happy in the long run. And it won’t let others get to know the real you.
Why fit in, when you can stand out? Just like Barbie Extra you should be loud, be proud and express yourself – whether it’s through acting, singing, the way you dress or the things you choose to do. It’s often easier said than done, so here are a few tips to help you practice:
- Try new things. Gaining new skills can make you feel much more confident. Whether it’s a sport, a craft or something totally bizarre, own it and enjoy it.
- Be passionate. Share what you’re excited about. If you love music, poetry, fashion or even running marathons – do it with your whole heart and soul.
- Act confident even if you don’t feel it. It’s a way to help you start feeling what you are portraying. Even celebrities who act in big movies can feel nervous walking the red carpet. But most of the time, you’d never be able to tell.
- Set goals for yourself. Know what you want to achieve. You want to design the perfect outfit for your birthday party? Plan it. Invest time and effort and reach that goal. There’s no better feeling!
- Wear your style on your sleeve. Just like Barbie Extra, express yourself through your fashion sense. Wear what makes YOU feel great and let your look reflect your personality.
- Get yourself a role model. No one has everything right, but some people do have the qualities you are after. Find that person and understand how they have achieved the things they have.
- Embrace your differences. Focus on your positive traits and let them shine. We’re all unique and that’s what makes us special.
- Surround yourself with people who know the real you and love you for it. People who allow you to be yourself and own it!
Confidence doesn’t come easily to us all. But we all do have the power to become more confident. Be proud of the person you are – work on the things you want to improve, but honestly embrace all the different aspects of what makes you you. Because you are worthy. You are worth it. And you should be able to express yourself!
Take a look at this Barbie Extra video for some inspiration!
Advertorial: Please note that the views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of TeenZone Magazine or Panorama Media.